- the third Indie Game Jam
- thursday-sunday Mar 18-21
- 18+ game developers
- 22 man-weeks of game development (estimated)
- 8 to 10 "finished" games
- 10 to 15 false starts
- 2200+ lines of code in the physics-objects-editor I started Mar 14
- 70% to 80% of my time over the weekend was spent on improving the editor, doing tech support, assisting people in debugging, and helping play test
- 200MB+ in the subversion repository (source+data revision control--mostly a number of huge images and audio files)
- 1 unrecoverable database corruption error in subversion while we were shutting everything down and checking everything in
Regarding that last bullet item, it did not appear we lost any content, but we may have lost revision history. Also, it's not entirely subversion's fault, since somebody apparently accidentally turned off the server's power strip while someone else was checking in.
Games should be downloadable and playable this year, hopefully within a few weeks, although the core physics technology demands fast CPUs, and many of the games used PS2 gamepads as input controllers (although other gamepads should work).
My low-light level photos, which will probably be valueless to anyone on my friends list who isn't dfan or that wes guy--although there's a couple shots of talk.bizarre's Ranjit in there--are here.