In case this seems bizarre, I have about 1131 bookmarks organized into 71 folders (nested several levels deep)--this is after I deleted 50 or so bookmarks that were dead.
In case that seems bizarre, I have that many bookmarks because bookmarks serve many purposes for me:
- sites I read regularly (example)
- sites I haven't read yet but want to get around to (example)
- sites I used to visit regularly, and keep bookmarked just in case (example)
- sites that have useful info I might want to revist someday (example)
- sites that are cool-things-of-the-day that will be cool again in a couple years once they're forgotten (example)
- sites that took me a while to find so I don't want to have to work to find them again