10 houses/apartments/dorms; 16 rooms:
- Two different rooms in my parent's house
- Two different rooms in a dorm at Harvey Mudd
- Three different rooms in a dorm at U of MD
- A room in a house my last year at Maryland
- A room in an apartment for the summer in Texas
- A room in a different apartment for two years in Texas
- My own apartment in Boston for a year
- A room on 2nd floor of "House of Ten Dumb Guys" in Boston
- Three rooms on 3rd floor of the same house, after it changed ownership and became three separate apartments
- My own apartment in Oakland
2. Which was your favorite and why?
Probably either the House of Ten Dumb Guys or my single dorm room at UMD--because of the good mix of privacy and social environment. (We had a shared lounge/TV room on the first floor at Dumb Guys.)
3. Do you find moving house more exciting or stressful? Why?
I covered this recently.
4. What's more important, location or price?
I've always optimized both--I picked my curent apartment as the cheapest thing I could find that was within walking distance of my work and of BART. Dumb Guys was amazingly cheap and also only ten minutes from the T.
5. What features does your dream house have (pool, spa bath, big yard, etc.)?
Neighbors sufficiently far away that I can play the drums in my house at night.